With the holidays coming, you should consider signing up for Informed Delivery. It is a free service to let you know what pieces of mail are being delivered to your home that day.
Digitally preview your mail and manage your packages scheduled to arrive soon! Informed Delivery allows you to view greyscale images of the exterior, address side of letter-sized mailpieces and track packages in one convenient location.*
* Images are only provided for letter-sized mail pieces that are processed through USPS’ automated equipment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Informed Delivery is a free and optional notification service that gives residential consumers the ability to digitally preview their letter-sized mailpieces and manage their packages scheduled to arrive soon. Informed Delivery makes mail more convenient by allowing users to view what is coming to their mailbox whenever, wherever – even while traveling – on a computer, tablet or mobile device. To automate the sortation and delivery of mail, the United States Postal Service® (USPS) digitally images the front of letter-sized mailpieces that run through automation equipment. USPS is now using those images to provide digital notifications to users in advance of the delivery of physical mail. Informed Delivery benefits the entire household, ensuring that everyone has visibility into mail and package delivery each day. Informed Delivery allows users to take action before important items reach their mailbox, while offering mailers an unprecedented opportunity to engage users through synchronized direct mail and digital marketing campaigns.
Informed Delivery allows users to interact with their incoming mail and packages in one convenient, online location. Users receive email notifications containing grayscale images of the exterior, address side of incoming letter-sized mailpieces that are arriving soon. These images are also accessible on the Informed Delivery dashboard at informeddelivery.usps.com. (Images of larger mail, such as catalogues or magazines, are only provided if the mailer conducts a synchronized digital marketing campaign.) For items with USPS Tracking®, users will be able to view delivery status of packages, provide USPS Delivery Instructions™, manage their notifications, and schedule redelivery from the dashboard. Most USPS domestic packages tied to the address associated with a USPS account will be automatically available on the Informed Delivery dashboard. Users can also receive USPS Tracking updates for incoming packages via separate email or text notifications. The dashboard displays mail piece images for a seven-day period, while package information will display for 15 days after each package has been delivered. Users can opt-in to receive email or text notifications with status updates for incoming packages, too.
The feature is provided at no additional cost for all Informed Delivery users.
Your ability to sign up for Informed Delivery is dependent on living at an eligible residential address and the ability to verify your identity. You will also need to create a personal usps.com® account if you do not already have one. To sign up, follow the instructions below.
- Go to informeddelivery.usps.com.
- Select “Sign Up For Free.”
- Enter your address to determine if it is eligible for Informed Delivery.
- If your address is not eligible, you may still create an account so you may use USPS Click-N-Ship® or Postal Store by following the prompts.
- If your address is eligible, login to your usps.com account and skip to step 5 below. If you do not have a usps.com account, create one and then follow steps 4a-4d.
- After you create your usps.com account, select “Informed Delivery” in the top right of your profile page.
- Select “Enroll” and scroll down to the Informed Delivery box under “Account Management”. Click the box to expand it.
- Select the appropriate boxes to agree to the terms and conditions and certify your address, then select “Enroll in Informed Delivery” to continue.
- Complete the identity verification questions
- Opt-in to Informed Delivery by selecting “Enroll” and fill out your username, password, security questions, and contact information to create your profile.
- Complete the identity verification process (if you have not already done so when setting up your usps.com account).
- You should begin receiving notifications within a week.