Our neighborhood meeting on May 18th was a great success! It was located in the parking lot of Northridge Elementary.
Master Sergeant Bob Skalla, from the OCPD Hefner Division, was our guest speaker. He spoke about various safety tips, including how to improve your situational awareness and creating a plan for crisis situations.
Election of Officers was held, and the following officers were elected for 2 years:
- President – Jaci Maguire (Re-Elected)
- 1st Vice President – Ron Kistler
- 2nd Vice President – Jim Olson
- Secretary – Karen Litteral
- Treasurer – Victor Hall (Re-Elected)
- Social Media – Krystle & Nate Cheatham
- Block Captain Chairman – Linda Rains (Re-Elected to new position)
We are thankful for the hard work that our previous board members and volunteers contributed during these past two years.
Thank you to Tom Maguire, Stephanie Hiemstra, Linda Rains, Faith Stidman, Lisa-Ann Burger, Victor Hall, and Jaci Maguire for serving on our previous board. Several neighborhood members voiced projects and accomplishments that were appreciated during their tenure.
- Our neighborhood garage sale is June 4-5, 2021. Each individual is responsible for their own permit. Proceeds stay with the homeowner.
- Fundraisers for the HHSNA garage sale and possible dinners out at restaurants will be planned at a later date.
- We are looking for volunteers to help with the entrance planning and maintenance.
- Neighbors Night Out is planned for this year in September. More details will be provided as the date gets closer.
Dues are $30 per calendar year, and we are collecting them now. The mailing address is:
- Harvest Hills Neighborhood Association, PO Box 721804, Oklahoma City, OK 73172.
- Donations may also me made on our secure web site: https://harvesthillssouth.org
As many of you already know, ALL of the board positions for Harvest Hills South are up for election this month! The board has met & most of us will not be able to run again or keep our current positions. If you are interested in being on the board or know someone who you would like to nominate, let us know!
Each term is 2 years. Under normal circumstances, we have 6 General Meetings a year.
If you have any questions, please reach out to us for more information. The current board has agreed that we will be available to assist the new coming board as needed.
Board Positions & Duties are as follows:
President – Primary contact for the association, signs checks, sets meeting agenda, presides at meetings, chair the executive board meetings, establish goals for neighborhood.
1st Vice President – Perform Presidents duties in their absence, fill in by succession in vacancy of President, arrange neighborhood meetings, sign checks as required.
2nd Vice President – Perform the duties of the President in the absence of the 1st Vice President, act as Membership Chairperson, record membership & relay data to Treasurer, sign checks as required.
Treasurer – Receive all association money & pay association bills, keep records of the checking account & bank statements, report spending & bank balances to the association & executive board, prepare checks.
Secretary – Keep & distribute minutes of the association & executive board meetings, keep archives of association documentation.
Block Captain Chairperson – Maintain a current list of block captains & alternatives, communicate with block captains, distribute newsletters to block captains.
Newsletter Editor – Prepare newsletters prior to neighborhood meeting, coordinate printing of newsletter, distribute newsletter to the Block Captain Chairperson, maintain the Facebook & Blog.