Soil, Water and Forage Testing
The OSU Soil, Water and Forage Analytical Laboratory works in conjunction with OSU Extension. You can drop off your soil samples at the OSU Extension Office.
2500 NE 63rd Street,. OKC 73111
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 4:15pm
Benefits of Soil Testing: The Best Management Practice
- Increases productivity by identifying soil nutrients or soil chemical factors that are limiting plant growth
- Increases fertilizer use efficiency by indicating appropriate rates for different soils and crops
- Protects the environment by preventing over fertilization when recommendations are followed
- Identifies polluted or contaminated soils.
Online class $55.00 register here
In-person classes $35 call 405-713-1125 to register.
The below classes are held at the OSU/OKC, Student Center, 900 North Portland Ave. OKC, OK. These
Classes are held on Tuesdays.
November 29 | 12:30pm – 4:30pm
December 13 | 12:30pm – 4:30pm
Classes are held on Saturdays.
December 3 | 12:30pm – 4:30pm
What is this class all about?
How parents handle the divorce can make it better or worse for their children.
Many children have a very difficult time adjusting to their parents’ divorce.
This can lead to depression, anxiety, academic failure, delinquency, drug use, teen pregnancy, and other negative outcomes. Children may also fear the loss of one or both of their parents and have a hard time switching between their parents’ homes.
Co-parenting classes teach parents to handle their emotions better and to keep their children out of the middle of their divorce. They also offer many positive tips on how to talk with your child to help him or her to adjust more quickly to the divorce.
Researchers who have studied the effects of these classes have found them to be beneficial for most parents.
Become a Master Gardener
To help you decide if you should apply to be a Master Gardener ask yourself these questions:
- Do I want to learn more about the culture and maintenance of many types of plants?
- Am I eager to participate in a practical and intense training program?
- Do I look forward to sharing my knowledge with people in my community?
- Do I have enough time to attend training and to serve as a volunteer?
If you answered yes to these questions, the Master Gardener program could be for you. For more information, view the 2023 Master Gardener application.
Find us in your Community
- Working with children at libraries, Science Fairs, Early Education, Elementary, and Middle Schools – teaching children of all ages during and after school time, and in the summer
- Farmer’s Markets: OSU-OKC, Klein/Old FM, and Downtown Edmond
- Fairs, Expos and Conferences
- The “Wednesday @ Will Rogers Gardens” lecture series is open to the public and is presented at no charge by the Oklahoma County Extension Master Gardeners and the Oklahoma County OSU Extension. This popular series provides university research-based information on a variety of garden and horticulture topics. All presentations are by local horticulture experts and/or Certified Extension Master Gardeners. No registration is required, and all ages are welcome.