We had an excellent general meeting Thursday evening and we wanted to share with those of you who could not attend.
The agenda of the evening revolved around crime prevention and neighbor participation in crime watch activities. There were 51 of your neighbors in attendance!! In addition, we were joined by MSgt Robert “Officer Bob” Skalla with the Hefner Division of the Oklahoma City Police Department.
Click on the link below for a copy of the presentation. Read about the success story of 79th Street neighbors coming together and “Dreaming Big” and getting a Street Light installed! More information to come on how we can “light up the neighborhood” with additional street lights, sign toppers and improvements.
Our next meeting will be Thursday, May 10th and Officer Bob will be back to share more information on Active Shooter Training and protection.
We are still needing additional volunteers for the Neighborhood Crime Watch Patrol. We are getting the training classes set up. We would like to get the class scheduled by April.
We are also needing additional volunteers for Block Captains. We would like to have a volunteer for each street. We had several volunteers sign up at the meeting but we need more!
Please email us at email@example.com and volunteer today!
Also at our May 10th meeting, we will be electing officers.
The following positions will be up for re-election. Please consider running for one of these positions and then come out and cast your vote!
1st Vice President
- Perform the duties of the President in his/her absence.
- He/she shall fill, by succession the vacancy of President in the case of resignation.
- Schedule, reserve and arrange neighborhood meeting facility
- Sign checks as required
- Keep and distribute minutes of the association and executive board meetings
- Keep archive of association documentation as appropriate
- Prepare newsletter prior to each neighborhood meeting as needed
- Coordinate printing of newsletter as needed
- Distribute newsletter to Block Captain Chairperson as needed
- Post an electronic copy of the newsletter to the website
- E-mail newsletters to interested city officials and local neighborhood organizations as needed
- Maintain and update neighborhood website
Our annual membership drive will begin April 21st. You can sign up and pay dues per the PayPal link on the top right hand side of this page . Membership is $30.00 annually.
One thought on “Harvest Hills South Neighborhood Association 1st meeting of 2018”
I vote for sign C.